Welcome to ProComputers.com Virtual Image Library:
To see all the AMIs released by ProComputers.com Virtual Image Library, please browse our listing on the AWS Marketplace.
About ProComputers.com AMIs:
In order to work with Amazon EC2 or VPC, all ProComputers.com AMIs are slightly modified from what you would have immediately after installing the operating system from a release CD. Below are couple of highlights concerning ProComputers.com images:
- All packages are installed within one single 8 or 40 GiB instance volume.
- Usually both volume sizes are available, the higher 40 GiB volume is used in the latest image version, while the smaller 8 GiB volume is used in the previous image version, which is still available.
- All AMIs are minimal installations, that contain just enough packages to run within AWS, bring up a SSH Server and allow users to login.
- Cloud-init, the defacto multi-distribution package that handles early initialization of a cloud instance, as well as the security updates available at the release date are included.
- The network is configured to use DHCP and SELinux is enabled by default.
- ssh root login is disabled and only the centos user is available and allowed to login using ssh and the public key specified at instance launch time.
- Every time the AMI is booted, cloud-init fetches the public half of an SSH key pair specified at instance launch time and arranges for centos user login using that key.
- Enhanced Networking using the Elastic Network Adapter (ENA) is enabled.
- When you terminate the instance, the attached EC2 volume is automatically deleted! If you want to keep it, please make sure that you are stopping instead of terminating the instance. Eventually you cound enable Termination Protection as described here.
For any issues with images provided by ProComputers.com, please contact ProComputers.com Support.
Custom Cloud Image creation:
If you have custom image building requirements, please contact ProComputers.com Support, and we'll be more than happy to discuss with you.