Welcome to ProComputers.com Virtual Image Library:
To see all the AMIs released by ProComputers.com Virtual Image Library, please browse our listing on the AWS Marketplace.
About ProComputers.com AMIs:
In order to work with Amazon EC2 or VPC, all ProComputers.com AMIs are slightly modified from what you would have immediately after installing the operating system from a release CD. Below are couple of highlights concerning ProComputers.com images:
- All packages are installed within one single 8 GB partition.
- The network is configured to use DHCP and the sshd daemon is enabled.
- Every time the AMI is booted, cloud-init fetches the public half of an SSH key pair specified at instance launch time and arranges for centos user login using that key.
- ssh root login is disabled and only the centos user is available and allowed to connect using public key authentication.
- During the first AMI boot, cloud-init assigns randomly generated passwords to the root and centos accounts.
- When you terminate the instance, the attached EC2 volume is automatically deleted! If you want to keep it, please make sure that you are stopping instead of terminating the instance. Eventually you cound enable Termination Protection as described here.
For any issues with images provided by ProComputers.com, please contact ProComputers.com Support.
Custom Cloud Image creation:
All ProComputers.com Virtual Image Library public solutions are free to be used by anyone. However, if you have custom image building requirements, please contact ProComputers.com Support, and we'll be more than happy to discuss with you.